Today, you can ease the fears of many concerned children. You can make sure that they start school with a new backpack filled with supplies. This will allow them to look and feel like their peers and less like a poor homeless kid. Your kindness can give them a chance for new beginnings. You have the opportunity to change a child’s future.
Operation Backpack® Needs You
Operation Backpack® Needs You!
Without you, homeless children across Michigan will have to face their first day back to school without the proper supplies to succeed. Can we count on your support?
We are excited to launch Operation Backpack® 2020!
With everything going on in the world with COVID-19, we want to ensure the safety and health of volunteers. Unfortunately, this year will not have a volunteer week. But, have no fear! There are other ways that you, family, friends, and colleagues can get involved.
Host a Donation Drive
1. Identify your team members. Start raising awareness in your office or group of your drive and gather team members.
2. Set team goals.
3. Raise awareness. Post on social media and distribute flyers to get your community involved. You can download flyers and program materials below.
4. Let's go! Gather as many backpacks, supplies, and donations as possible.
5. Schedule a drop off. Please deliver all supplies and backpacks to VOAMI Southfield office at 21415 Civic Center Drive, Suite 306, Southfield, MI 48076 between August 10-14. To schedule your drop-off time, contact Bindi Shah at email@example.com.
You can purchase supplies two different ways and they will be shipped directly to our office in Southfield.
1. Virtual Store. Here you can purchase your choice of a supply kit, a backpack, or a full backpack and it will be shipped to our office, ready to go.
2. Amazon Wishlist. You can pick what supplies you buy from our list and they will be shipped to our office, ready to be sorted.
When it comes to making sure at-risk and homeless students are prepared to learn, every dollar counts. Click here to donate.
Studies show that prepared children perform better and have higher confidence levels in school. Operation Backpack® seeks to give that same opportunity to at-risk and homeless children.
Volunteer teams organize drives by raising funds and collecting new backpacks and supplies. Volunteers of America Michigan provides digital versions of a full-color flyer and poster that can be printed and distributed to help make your drive successful. You can download them below.
Please note that this year we will not be picking up supplies. All supplies must be dropped off at our Southfield location or mailed directly to the office. For the safety of our volunteers and staff, volunteer sort week has been canceled this year.
Operation Backpack® would not be here without you.
Your support and donations are critical in changing the lives of our most vulnerable students across the state. They are depending on you. You have the power to make our world a better place and give at-risk and homeless students a chance. Join us today!
- Volunteer Coordinator
- Phone: (313) 444-9119
Donors & Volunteers