Brian had nowhere else to turn, then he found VOA.
Homeless Veteran Reintegration Program
From Lake Erie to Lake Michigan: our veterans matter, their service matters and their dignity is deserved.
Have you ever served in the military?
Are you unemployed?
The Homeless Veterans Reintegration Program (HVRP) provides comprehensive employment training and placement for veterans. Our services prepare veterans for the workplace and address employment barriers through coordinated care. Employment Specialists work alongside veterans to ensure they are ready to return to the work force.
Volunteers of America Michigan has been working with our nation's veterans since World War I. Our staff works day in and day out to ensure that our heroes have the tools necessary to build their life here at home.
Fill out the form below to have a staff member contact you.
• Employment readiness training
• Resume building
• Interview coaching
• Career counseling
• Employer referrals
• Computer training for job application assistance
• Job placement
• Referrals to additional employment services
• Transportation assistance
• Interview clothing assistance
• Work attire for new employment
• Tools and equipment
• Miscellaneous expenses that inhibit employment
...and much more
Where we are located
• Allegan • Kalamazoo
• Barry • Muskegeon
• Bay • Ottawa
• Calhoun • Saginaw
• Genessee • Shiawassee
• Ingham • Wayne*
*Our service in Wayne County is in the Detroit Continuum of Care limits which includes Detroit, Highland Park, and Hamtramck.
Documents needed to enroll
• Valid Photo ID
• DD-214 or VA Card
• Proof of Homelessness*
*If not possible please call to discuss other methods of verifying homelessness or being at risk of homelessness
Who qualifies for HVRP Assistance?
• Any veteran who has served 1 or more days of active duty outside of basic training and who are unemployed or underemployed.
• Must have received a discharge status from the military of anything other than dishonorable and be able to verify their military discharge status.
• Must be literally homeless or imminently at risk of homelessness.
• Must be willing to actively seek employment and comply with program expectations.
- Contact us today
- Phone: 877-509-VETS