Veteran Employment and Training
We are proud to be one of the largest private providers for veterans in the state. Our veterans matter, their service matters and their dignity is deserved.
Have you ever served in the military?
Are you looking for work?
The Homeless Veterans Reintegration Program (HVRP) provides comprehensive employment training and placement for veterans. Our services prepare veterans for the workplace and address employment barriers through coordinated care. Employment Specialists work alongside veterans to ensure they are ready to return to the work force.
Volunteers of America Michigan has been working with our nation's veterans since World War I. Our staff works day in and day out to ensure that our heroes have the tools necessary to build their life here at home.
Fill out the form below to have a staff member contact you or call 877-509-VETS.
• Employment readiness training
• Resume building
• Interview coaching
• Career counseling
• Employer referrals
• Computer training for job application assistance
• Job placement
• Referrals to additional employment services
• Transportation assistance
• Interview clothing assistance
• Work attire for new employment
• Tools and equipment
• Miscellaneous expenses that inhibit employment
...and much more
Where we are located
• Allegan • Kent
• Calhoun • Muskegon
• Kalamazoo • Ottawa
Documents needed to enroll
• Valid Photo ID
• Proof of Veteran Status*
• Proof of Homelessness**
*Examples include but are not limited to DD-214, VA Card, etc.
** If not possible please call to discuss other methods of verifying homelessness or being at risk of homelessness
Who qualifies for HVRP Assistance?
• Any veteran who has served one or more days of active duty outside of basic training and who are unemployed or underemployed.
• Must have received a discharge status from the military of anything other than dishonorable and be able to verify their military discharge status.
• Must be literally homeless or imminently at risk of homelessness.
• Must be willing to actively seek employment and comply with program expectations.
- Contact us today
- Phone: 877-509-VETS
Funding made possible by the Department of Veteran Affairs