This event has SOLD OUT of FREE registrations. We look forward to seeing everyone soon!
We are excited to announce our first everBack-to-School Bonanza, a backpack distribution event and resource fair. This event is made possible by our Operation Backpack® program, generous sponsors, vendors & donation drive participants.
School supplies are expensive, and we know not everyone has the means or room in their budget to purchase school supplies. Providing all students with the necessary school supplies can help level the playing field and give every student an equal opportunity to succeed academically.
We invite those who may not have access to or the means to purchase school supplies for their children to register for the event. All attendees will be able to enjoy the fun activities, refreshments and resources. Each registered, school-age child (5-18), will receive one backpack filled with age appropriate school supplies.
Saturday August 12, 2023
11:00 AM - 1:00PM (Morning registration)
1:00PM- 3:00PM (Afternoon registration)
Your arrival time will vary depending on registration (see below).
Oakland Yard Athletics
5328 Highland Rd,
Waterford Township, MI 48327
This event is FREE to school-age children (5-18), non school-age household members (0-4) & up to two accompanying adults.
This event will have limited registrations available. Registrations are also limited per time slot for logistics and comfort during event.
Activities for All-Ages:
- Low Ropes Course
- Slip & Slide
- Bounce House
- Face Painting
- & More
- Vision & Hearing checks for children courtesy of Madonna University
- Learn about swim lessons in the community and spin the wheel to win a prize with Goldfish Swim School-Clarkston
- Sign up for a library card with Mobile Library courtesy of White Lake, Waterford & Pontiac Libraries
- Meet a police officer and see a patrol car up close courtesy of Waterford Police Department
- Register in advance for a teeth cleaning with Smile Mobile Dentist (Must have Medicaid, limited appointments available. Appointment booking is available after you register for event.)
- Learn about furry friends, interesting plants and everything nature-related with Oakland County Parks and Recreation and Huron-Clinton Metroparks
You have the power to make our world a better place and give all students access to school supplies. Your support and monetary donations are critical in changing the lives of students across the state.
Find out more about Operation Backpack®:
Want to learn more about our Operation Backpack® program and how you can get involved?
Your kindness can shine in making sure students have their own supplies and everything they need to learn. Not only would your kindness be helping children, but you would also help struggling parents breathe a sigh of relief.